Bouncy battery ball
bouncy battery ball
Plural: bouncy battery balls
You know those bouncy balls that have little batteries in them and light up when you bounce them off of something? This is like that, except it uses the bouncing to recharge the batteries.
It's actually a really good idea... until you give them to someone with a superhuman fastball.
March 2012 Item of the Month
Ranged weapon (Special)
Item cannot be auto-sold
Item cannot be worn in runs with a 'no pulls' restriction
+1 extra ranged attack(s) per turn.
Deals electric damage as it bounces
10% of weapon electric damage returned as PP
- Available for 10 silver stars during March of 2012.
This weapon has a particular set of weapon messages, which are the following:
- you dribble your bouncy ball on the <foe> <hits> times for X + Y damage.
- you build up the charge in your battery ball, bouncing it off the <foe> <hits> times. It's nicely charged... oh, and does X + Y damage.
- you set up the perfect loop to ricochet the ball endlessly between your opponent and the nearest handy object. The <foe> eventually escapes, but only after getting hit <hits> times for X + Y damage.
- you bounce your bouncy ball redundantly off the loaded blaster <hits> times for X + Y damage.
- you ricochet your bouncy ball off anything and everything <hits> times for X + Y damage.
- after every message you get 10% of the electric damage back as PP:
- The battery ball gives you a little shock when it bounces back to your hand. You gain Z power points.
- you dribble the bouncy ball, showing off your super sweet Globetrotter moves. Wait? Was there something you were supposed to be doing?
- you build up the charge in your battery ball until it serves as a passable night light.
- you set up the perfect loop to ricochet the ball between two objects. You watch until gravity takes over. Shame neither of those was the <foe>.
- you bounce your bouncy ball redundantly, then spend so much time trying to come up with a better verb you miss your chance to attack.
- you ricochet your bouncy ball off anything and everything... except the <foe>.
- Fumble! The ball hits the ground hard, then rockets back up at your face harder. By the time you notice the physical impossibility of that, you've already taken X damage.
- you pretend it's opening day and show off your trademark fast (bouncy) ball <hits> times for X + Y damage.
The battery ball gives you a little shock when it bounces back to your hand. You gain Z power points.
- The electrical damage dealt depends on the number of hits, according to the following formula:
Y = 2.5*<hits>2+2.5*<hits>
- Z is limited by how much PP the foe has left.
- When bought: You barter with the businessman, balancing 10 silver stars against a bouncy battery ball.
- The first miss message refers to the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team.
- The critical hit message refers to the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Day of Major League Baseball.
|Item of the Month|
| Preceded by
| March 2012
Bouncy battery ball
| Succeeded by|
Burning disco shoes
Synesthesia's synergistic gloves