The Oldest and Strongest Emotion
Back to Quests
1. After reaching level 29 the following message appears in your journal:
Lately you've been getting a slightly creepy feeling whenever you find yourself close to the University campus. Maybe you ought to spend some time around there to see if you can track it down.
Well, you've found quite possibly the creepiest old man in Twilight living in the creepiest house in Twilight. And, of course, he's sent you off to find some creepy things in the creepy Sanatarium. You're not so sure if this is a particularly wise course of action, but you're a little too creeped out to ignore him.
Well, you've found quite possibly the creepiest old man in Twilight living in the creepiest house in Twilight. And, of course, he's sent you off to find some creepy things in the creepy Sanatarium. You've found some strange and unnatural bits and pieces from the inmates of the Sanatarium. It looks like you might be able to build the creepiest clock in the world with them. Might be worth trying once you've got all the parts.
4. Adventure more in Shiloh Sanatarium until you find the following quest items, in this order: large coffin, short clock hand, long clock hand, very long clock hand, inexplicable clock hand and keyless lock. Once you found them all use the large coffin to get a dreamer's clock. Your journal message is updated to:
Congratulations. You have a completely unnerving clock. This is going far beyond "creepy", you know. Might as well take it back to that terrible old man.
5. Once you reach level 30, choose the dreamer's clock as your means of transportation and visit the Creepy Old House. This finishes the quest. The following message is added to the Completed Quests section of your journal:
You've built a clock that transcends space and time, and now you're all set to fight horrors from the beyond. The old man will build things for you if you've got the right pieces, but otherwise you'd just as soon avoid him. He's still pretty creepy.
- dreamer's clock.
- Access to the areas The Underwater City, The Depths of Space, The Ancient Crypts, and The Farthest Reaches of Insanity through equipping dreamer's clock (even before step 5)
- Access to the Creepy Old House, where you can trade in your artifacts from the above locations.
- "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear" is an observation made by H. P. Lovecraft. There are many references to works and ideas by H. P. Lovecraft in the quest and areas opened.