You are fighting a VIP guest.
This guy appears to be some sort of VIP guest of the casino. He's well dressed and his hair is slicked back, and there's a glow of wealth about him. He also gives off a thuggish aura, so it's apparently criminal wealth, and he's wandering around in the back office area like he belongs here.
Your opponent attacks ...
- He spills an expensive drink on you, then lights it with an expensive lighter. The fire is as painful as it is expensive. (fire) damage
- If there was any doubt this guy's involved in crime, the Tommy he pulls on you probably settles the issue. Tommy? You know! The Chopper, the Trench Broom, the Twilight Piano, the gun he's shooting you with.
- He offers to pay several other guests to jump you. They happily oblige.
He hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! He hits you for X damage.
- He spills an expensive drink on himself, then dabs at the stain with a monogrammed handkerchief.
- You thought this guy was involved in organized crime, but it looks like he's just heading to a violin recital. How perfectly harmless.
- He offers to pay several other guests to jump you. But they come at you one at a time, like normal, so it's pretty easy to knock them out.
Your foe fumbles! He takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 43 experience.
During the beginning of C.H.I.P.S. (Casino Heroes Investigate Purported Scandal):
You fish around in the guest's pockets for a swipe card or something which might get you into the back of the house, but he doesn't seem to be carrying anything useful.
You fish around in the guest's pockets. Ah-ha! A swipe card! That might be a handy way to get to the back of the house. Except you don't really know where in the casino you should be looking, and this place is massive. You're sure the card is heavily encrypted, but maybe if you decrypt it you can pull out enough information to help point you to the right room, or even just the right floor.
You got an item: heavily encrypted swipe card
50% resistant to fire damage.
100% weak to psychic damage.