You are fighting an Arctic Smeet.
The migratory Arctic Smeet is the only amphibian possessing a furry coat and capable of flight. Once numbering in the hundreds of thousands, they are thought to have been a mainstay of winter diets in the distant north. They are now a protected species and the hunting of Smeets is strictly forbidden.
This one got pulled through a temporal portal from before that law went into effect, though, so you're probably okay.
Your opponent attacks ...
- The Smeet summons gale-force winds, chilling you to the bone. (ice) damage
- The Smeet rakes you with its claws. Bet you didn't know Smeets had claws, huh?
- The Smeet rubs up against you with its furry hide, discharging some static electricity. (electric) damage
It hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! It hits you for X damage.
- The Smeet summons gale-force winds, but you remembered your parka.
- The Smeet rakes you with its claws. Just kidding! Smeets don't have claws, silly.
- The Smeet rubs up against you. It tickles a little, but that's about it.
Your foe fumbles! It takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain Y*Level (capped at 250) experience.
Immune to ice damage.
50% weak to fire damage.
- Y can be 8, 9 or 10.
- Drops only available in the Echo of Downtown version of the location.
- In the Echo of Downtown version it had the following extra line in its description:
- It seems part of its native environment was also pulled through, freezing part of the pond over.
- This foe can cause a special type of fumble:
- You attack ... you slipped on the ice...Fumble! ...