Axe Hero™ guitar
|This page contains some non specific data which NEEDS SPADING:
Song effect specifics
Axe Hero™ guitar
Plural: Axe Hero™ guitars
Are you ready to rock? I said, are you ready to rock?!
Welcome to the world of viking metal, my friend. This gigantic guitar in the shape of a headsman's axe is all you need to shred some chords, be they musical or, well, spinal. This baby has it all, even a built in speaker so you can jam to your heart's content while going out on your adventures.
So rock on, my babies and remember: Twilight audiences are the greatest audiences!
April 2011 Item of the Month
Melee weapon (Slashing, large)
Item cannot be auto-sold
Item cannot be worn in runs with a 'no pulls' restriction
Provides a guitar-heavy soundtrack of theme music for your hero. [Disclaimer: music not audible to players.]
- Available for 10 silver stars during April of 2011.
At the beginning of combat, you will receive one of the following:
You feel a hot wind on your elbow, as you face this nasty fellow. You hear the walking of the villain, crime gives you that funny feelin'. Your axe is playin' - whoah - "Twilight Radio," by Ball of Hoodoo.
Your axe plays the Atlantis Morrisey tune "Hand in Their Pocket" for the duration of the encounter. You're broke and you're not happy, you're poor and you mind. Put your hand in their pocket, and see what you find. What it all comes down to, is that everything's gonna be quite alright, because you've got one hand in their pocket, and the other hand is stuffing loot in your backpack.
At the start of the fight your axe rips into the Gregarious Undead's "Friend of the Hero." It sets out runnin but it takes its time, while your sidekick sings the lines: "If I stop crime before daylight, I just might find some peeeeeace toniiii-ight."
Like a distant smokestack on the horizon, your axe strums the muffled, uneasy notes of Purple Flynn's "Uncomfortably Numb." Your opponent asks you to show them where it hurts, and you wisely refuse-that'll make it harder for them to hurt you.
Like poetry in music, with a flash of harmony, your axe begins to play "She Blinded Me with Violence" from Einstein-Bose Condensate. Your opponent had better look out, or you'll blind them with violence, and stun them with this machinery.
At the start of the fight your axe strums the lines to the classic hero song, "Should I Fight or Should I Go?" It's so catchy your opponent can't help but sing along, looking at you meaningfully every time the chorus comes up. Clearly this indecision's bugging them, you'd better come on and let them know.
|Go: There Will Be Trouble|
|Stay: It Will Be Double|
At the end of combat:
As the fight wraps up your instrument hits a few notes from another song you recognize but can't remember the name. But you're reassured to hear "You want it all but you can have it" in the background.
As the fight wraps up your axe tries to carry on over to a more mellow "I've Got a Friend" by Tames Jailor, but winter, spring, summer, or fall, it's not loud enough to keep you going in a fight so you skip the tune.
- When bought: You hand the shopkeep 10 silver stars for one heroic-looking axe. Guitar. Whatever.
- The rendition of the name is Axe HeroTM guitar in most places, but in combat it will be shown as Axe Hero(TM) guitar.
- When you hear "Everyvillain Hurts"/"Hurts So Bad" you delevel your opponent on a successful hit.
- When you hear "Twilight Radio"/"Man It's So Loud Out Here" you get 8 bonus sonic damage.
- When you hear "Hand in Their Pocket"/"You want it all but you can have it" you get an increase in item drops.
- When you hear "Friend of the Hero"/"I've Got a Friend" you gain an increase in sidekick effectiveness.
- When you hear "Money for Nothing and Your Chips for Free"/"Hero You're a Rich Man" you get an increase in chip drops.
- When you hear "Uncomfortably Numb" you get an increase in damage absorption.
- When you hear "She Blinded Me with Violence" you get a chance to stun.
- Choosing Go does not consume time:
- You decide you'd rather skedaddle. There's a tiny bit of scuffle as you have to dodge past your wary opponent, but you escape pretty quickly, with minimal harm. You lose 2 - 8 HP. You gain (20 - 30)+ 4*Level XP. Capped at 100XP.
- Choosing Go at the NCI Live building will clear the space, the same as defeating the original foe.
- Choosing Stay adds foe toughness to the fight, resulting in more XP at the end of the fight:
- You decide to commit to the fight, but after all that time your opponent has become extra prepared for the clash. It's going to be a tough one. +2*Level FT, capped at 30FT
- Refers to the Guitar Hero series of video games.
- Brainwave's "Everyvillain Hurts" refers to R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts".
- Jen Melonball's "Hurts So Bad" refers to John Mellencamp's "Hurts So Good".
- Ball of Hoodoo's "Twilight Radio" refers to Wall of Voodoo's "Mexican Radio".
- He's No Cyclops' "Man It's So Loud Out Here" refers to They Might Be Giants' "Man, It's So Loud in Here".
- Atlantis Morrisey's "Hand in Their Pocket" refers to Alanis Morissette's "Hand in My Pocket".
- "You want it all but you can have it" refers to Queen's "I Want It All" or possibly Faith No More's "Epic"
- Gregarious Undead's "Friend of the Hero" refers to Grateful Dead's "Friend of the Devil".
- Tames Jailor's "I've Got a Friend" refers to James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend".
- "Money for Nothing and Your Chips for Free" refers to the Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing".
- The Beatless' "Hero You're a Rich Man" refers to The Beatles' "Baby, You're a Rich Man".
- Purple Flynn's "Uncomfortably Numb" refers to Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb".
- Einstein-Bose Condensate's "She Blinded Me with Violence" refers to Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me with Science".
- "Should I Fight or Should I Go?" refers to The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go".
- The message after losing a fight refers to the Pet Shop Boys' "It's a Sin".
|Item of the Month|
| Preceded by
Mystical slouch of sorcerous mayhem
| April 2011
Axe Hero™ guitar
| Succeeded by|
Rigoletto's Compleat Jester kit