You are fighting a cold bat.
You run into what looks like another bold cat, until it unwings its furls--unfurls its wings. Old care--er, cold air--buffets you. That's not a bold cat, that there is a cold bat!
Your opponent attacks ...
- The bat squeaks piercingly. It hurts like chalk on a fingerboard. No, like board on a fingerchalk. Well, something like that. damage+ (sonic) damage
- The cold bat lights you on the beg--bites you on the leg. A shill runs down your chin. Make that a chill and your shin. damage+ (ice) damage
- The bat dive-bombs you and hands in your lair. Er, lands in your hair. In your panic you brain yourself with your weapon trying to get it out.
It hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! It hits you for X damage.
- As the bat swoops toward you, you point to one side and shout "Book, it's Latman!" The bat becomes confused by your strange talk and pulls up short.
- It whaps its flings at you--flaps its wings--but doesn't do any damage.
- The bat flashes a dire fang, but you fend it off with a dang fire.
Your foe fumbles! It takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 23 experience.
50% resistant to ice damage.
100% weak to fire damage.
|This enemy is an animal.|
- Occurs only while wearing skeptic sandals.
- Once de-spoonerized, the first miss messages refers to Batman.