You are fighting the Daylight Saver.
You fight through the swarm of frogs (and toads and smeets), coming face-to-face with... a kindly-looking old man.
In fact, if he weren't standing in front of that horrible gash in the fabric of space and time, you might think you had the wrong guy. Without any futuristic doctors or plucky space ship crews to take care of that, you'll probably have to figure something out yourself.
He frowns at you. "Ah, I see you've fought your way through my amphibian legion. I knew you would, but it just isn't the same without a legion of themed minions."
Well, he seems pretty harmless... you can probably just cuff him and take him to the police. As you're looking for some way to restrain him, he nods thoughtfully. "In fact, I invented themed minions."
Okay, tearing the fabric of time is definitely forgivable, but themed minions? He's going down.
Your opponent attacks ...
- "Here, hold this," he says and hands you a string. Looking up, you see it's attached to a flying kite. And a key. Well that's nice of hi... OW! (electric) damage
- He explains in great detail how he's using some of his saved daylight to come back now and defeat you so you won't be able to defeat him then. You stand out in the freezing rain arguing with him about paradoxes for a while, but eventually remember you were in the middle of something. (ice) damage
- He causes your little clock to start spinning wildly (so wildly in fact, that it precisely matches the refresh rate of your monitor and therefore appears stationary). You're suddenly too tired to fight, then able to fight, then too tired to rest, then its Frayday, then... ack! (psychic) damage
He hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! He hits you for X damage.
- "Here, hold this," he says and hands you a pair of bifocals. Well, that's nice of him.
- He explains in great detail how he's using some of his saved daylight to come back now and defeat you so you won't be able to defeat him then. It sounds about par for the course.
- He reaches out to start messing with your clock, but he can't quite reach that frame from over here.
Your foe fumbles! He takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 11*Level (capped at 250) experience.
You knock him back into the portal. It twists and contorts, then explodes, showering the area with fragments of time.
You grab half an hour as it flies through the air. That'll probably come in handy.
|Bedtime: +30 minutes|
Immune to electric damage.
- The eternal spring water is a guaranteed drop in 2016.
- In the 2016 iteration, the following is added to the end of the second paragraph:
- He's not irradiated, digitized, or even made from suspiciously evil felt.
- The enemy's image is of American polymath Benjamin Franklin. Among many other accomplishments, he suggested Daylight Saving Time and invented bifocals. The first hit message refers to his kite experiment.
- The description contains a reference to a certain time-traveling doctor.
- The additional paragraph in 2016 refers to the Frusion Daylight Saver, Digital Daylight Saver, and Plush Daylight Saver.