Dr. Somnus (Asylumbreak)
You are fighting Dr. Somnus.
Beyond the door labeled "Petting Zoo," you find a swinging watch. It's very sleepy... sleepy.
Your opponent attacks ...
- Dr. Somnus catches you with a sucker punch. I guess you were too busy focusing on her watch to see her arms.
- Dr. Somnus swings her watch into your head. Zzzt! damage + (electric) damage
- Dr. Somnus beats you with her Sleep Ray. It's an off-label use, but it seems pretty effective.
She hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! She hits you for X damage.
- Dr. Somnus catches you with a sucker punch, but you're too busy focusing on her watch to even notice.
- Dr. Somnus swings her watch over your head, like she's trying to hypnotize your computer. It'll probably have little gorillas dancing on the screen by the time you get home.
- Dr. Somnus considers beating you with her Sleep Ray, but you remind her that's an off-label use and she decides against it.
Your foe fumbles! She takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 300 experience.
Huh, this gadget looks like a bit of cobbled-together trash, but whirs to life when your talisman gets near it... like it's drawing power from it somehow.
You have acquired a new skill: Sleep Ray
- At the end of each round of combat,
- If you neither attacked nor used a damaging spell
- The animals stir uneasily, but you manage to keep the battle pretty quiet.
- followed by one of
- Dr. Somnus catches you with her Sleep Ray, giving time for the animals to gather back together around you.
- Dr. Somnus catches you with her Sleep Ray then lets the animals gnaw on your unconcious form for X damage.
- If you attacked or used a damaging spell
- The noise of your fight wakes up several animals that trample you for X damage.
- or, if you did sonic damage:
- Uh oh! Looks like the noise woke the animals... the X damage of angry, trampling animals.
- followed by
- The trampling animals really make a mess of the battle. It's hard to land a solid hit.
- Dr. Somnus catches you with her Sleep Ray, inflicing you with a serious case of narcolepsy in the middle of a stampede. It ends about as you'd expect, with X damage.
- If you attacked with Arson Thrower
- The flames startle off several animals sleeping nearby.