You are fighting a fusion octotron.
You've seen some big robots in your day. You've seen some nasty things. But this, this, has got to be the worst yet. It's a titanic black dome with dozens of spinning blades and positively bristling with humming energy weapons. It's like its creator couldn't quite decide what he wanted his robotic minion to have, so he gave it everything he could possibly imagine. And then added several copies of each. And then enlisted the help of a blue ribbon panel to come up with even more stuff.
Your opponent attacks ...
- It blasts you with one of its many energy weapons. Sadly for you, it has good aim. (fire) damage
- Lightning arcs out from a pair of tesla coils mounted on the back. It grounds out. Through you. (electric) damage
- It must think you're on fire because it blasts you with a fire extinguisher. Man... this thing has everything! (ice) damage
It hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! It hits you for X damage.
- It blasts you with one of its many energy weapons. Luckily for you, it was aiming just over your shoulder.
- Lightning arcs out from a pair of tesla coils mounted on the back. Those should have been mounted somewhere else. They just ground to the floor.
- It must think you're on fire because it blasts you with a fire extinguisher. Sadly, it forgot to pull the pin, so nothing happens.
Your foe fumbles! It takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 200 experience.
You strike a dramatic pose as the fusion octotron finally explodes, sending sparks flying and making the lights flicker. You really wish you had a camera, because it's one of those things that you'll always remember. The remaining bits of the fusion octotron also explode, creating more cool lights and sparks, and sending more debris falling around you. One of the air conditioning vents malfunctions and kicks into high gear, providing a really neat wind effect.
It doesn't get much more awesome than this.
Oh, hey, it looks like one of the fusion components didn't completely explode. You pocket the stray item.
You got an item: fusion octotron component
Wandering, dazed, towards the wreckage is General Malaise. It seems he never even considered that someone might be able to destroy his grand project, and it looks like he doesn't quite know how to handle it. Since he's just standing there, poking at the ruined robot with his boot. He picks up a piece of wire and twists it round again and again, as if he's trying to fix it. You step up behind him and put some cuffs on him, so you can take him back to Rand. He's in no condition to put up much of a fight.
50% resistant to electric damage.
|This enemy is a robot with an electronic brain.|
- The component dropped is random, and does not depend on the components one already has.
- The video game Wasteland.