You are fighting a henchman.
There are thugs, there are minions, and then there are henchmen. In the hierarchy of the Criminal Workers Union (Local 100), henchmen are right up near the top. Right below "Named Antagonists" in fact. Of course, that's all pretty academic when dealing with "people who want to beat you up."
Your opponent attacks ...
- His higher pay scale means he's more motivated to hurt you. It shows.
- He shouts something about scabs and rats and really goes to town on you.
- His higher status means better gear, hence that laser he just shot you with. (fire) damage
He hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! He hits you for X damage.
- His higher pay scale means more breaks. He takes one instead of hitting you.
- He shouts something about scabs and rats, but you show him your Hero's Guild Union Card.
- His higher status may mean better gear, but his aim is still awful.
Your foe fumbles! He takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 85 experience.
50% resistant to fire damage.
50% weak to psychic damage.