Lance du Lac
|Lance du Lac|
You are fighting a Lance du Lac.
On your first pass or if you haven't dealt any damage yet:
As you pass through a small crowd near a rope barrier, they hush for a moment, then begin chanting "Lance du Lac! Lance du Lac!"
An armored knight rides out from the crowd, apparently every bit as warped as his fans. If only you knew who he is...
On future passes:
Lance du Lac comes around for another pass, charging you with his lance held high.
Lance du Lac comes around for another pass, charging you with grim determination.
Lance du Lac comes around for another pass, charging you on his steed. The gathered crowd (I mentioned the crowd, right?) mutters about how it looks like he's getting worn out.
Lance du Lac comes around for another pass, clutching his steed desperately as he charges you.
Lance du Lac comes around for another pass, charging you while barely holding on to his own steed.
Your opponent attacks ...
- He lances a nearby lac, scalding you with a cloud of steam. (fire) damage
- A nearby lady hands him a really sweet sword which he uses so slash you.
- He shouts three strange words at you and you find yourself frozen solid for a moment. (ice) damage
He hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! He hits you for X damage.
- He lances a nearby lac, but forgot to superheat the needle.
- A nearby lady lobs a scimitar at him, but a disgruntled citizen intercepts it.
- He tries to shout some strange words at you, but that power's still recharging.
Your foe fumbles! He takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 80 experience.
You got an item: gloves du Lac (Guaranteed Drop)
If you fail to unhorse him:
Apparently tired of running back and forth, the knight's mount carries him off into the distance. Well, we'll call that one a victory, at least until he can get turned around for another run at the lists.
If you succeed in unhorsing him:
The knight slips from his horse and falls to the ground. The crowd rushes in, chanting your name as he's carried off to the first aid tent... they have a first aid tent?
Amid the festivities, you notice a pair of gloves in the mud. Huh. He seems to have gotten it backwards. It's supposed to be throw down your gauntlet then have a joust.
On the bright side, they fit perfectly.
50% weak to fire damage.
50% weak to ice damage.
- Fighting to a draw still earns you 80 experience.
- The initial messages are an indicator of the foe's health, which is carried from one fight to the next.