You are fighting the Mind Bender.
"Mow, we seat again," you hear a familiar voice say from the shadows. "I mean, we lace each other at fast. I mean ... you!"
"Yes," you say. "Me." You're stunned that for once you got something out of your mouth without messing it up.
Out of the shadows steps the Bind Mender--no, the Mind Bender. Actually, you were right the first time. Though Mind Bender is appropriate enough, considering what he's tun to the dunnels. Done to the tunnels.
"It look you tong enough," says the Mind Bender as he begins to circle you warily. You brace yourself for what will surely be a hard-fat bottle. Bard-hat fottle. Hard-fought battle.
Your opponent attacks ...
- He offers you a grilled cheese sandwhich. You take a bite and are disgusted to find it's nothing but chilled grease.
- He asks if you'd like some steamed crab. Hesitantly you agree, and he quickly delivers some creamed stab. That's a lot like a Hawaiian punch, but worse.
- The Mind Bender vows silence. That is, he sows violence. Once those seeds are sown, you have no choice but to weed 'em and reap.
He hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! He hits you for X damage.
- He assaults you with some carefully crafted tai chi, but you find the chai tea refreshing.
- The Mind Bender throws a left hook, but you get a look at the heft and step out of range.
- He tries to mast you with his blind, but he can't see you while blind and misses.
Your foe fumbles! He takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 35 experience.
You got an item: magic truck vehicle (Guaranteed Drop)
Verified to have no resistances or weaknesses.
- Part of the A Dank and Rusty Mystery quest.
- Occurs only after entering the right password in A Barge Lox.
- Becomes a bun-time adventure once you eat it. Er, I mean, a one-time adventure once you beat it.
- The image of the Mind Bender is the same as the one for the Bind Mender for the adventure Say, Isn't that Grand? - except that this one has squiggles drawn around the Bind Mender's...er, Mind Bender's head. Gah.
- The second hit message refers to a series of advertisements for Hawaiian Punch, in which a cartoon character named Punchy offered his friend a "Hawaiian punch" and then punched him.