You are fighting a no carrier.
It might be a battleship, it might be a cruiser. One thing's for sure, that's no carrier.
Your opponent attacks ...
- While you're busy facing off against the no carrier, its companion submarine surfaces and torpedoes you. (fire) damage
- Unwisely you mock the "no carrier" meme, and the entire slashdot crowd mods you -1, Curmudgeon. (psychic) damage
- The no carrier briefly pulls the plug between you and the computer system. Unlike being in the Matrix, it doesn't kill you. It just hurts a lot. (electric) damage
It hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! It hits you for X damage.
- As it prepares to attack, you quickly call out F1 through F5 and sink its battleship! It has to retreat and gather more support.
- It tries to attack, but gets cut off suddenl-- [no carrier]
- The no carrier tries to pull your plug from the computer system, but you can read the falling green characters and see the move coming.
Your foe fumbles! It takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 15 experience.
Verified to have no resistances or weaknesses.
- Occurs when you choose "ftp", "http", "link", "net", "port", "slashdot", "spider", "telnet", "web", or "www" on There's a Blog.Org for This.
- Using a degausser destroys this foe, yielding subscript beta.
|This enemy is a robot with an electronic brain.|
- Named after the NO CARRIER modem message.
- The image and text are clear - it is indeed not a carrier, but some other warship. The text mentions a either a battleship, which judging from the image it definitely isn't, or a cruiser. Indeed, it appears to be an Italian Maestrale class frigate.
- The first miss message refers to the game Battleship.
- The third hit and miss messages refer to the movie The Matrix.