|This page contains some non specific data which NEEDS SPADING:
Is there one for fisticuffs crit? Is the order correct?
During combat, certain actions can create Openings. When this happens, heroes can
|Take an Opening|
Whenever any Openings are available, there is always an option, "Openings?" which gives the following text:
- Openings are heroic opportunities created by certain events in combat or when fighting certain foes. For Example:
followed by a description of currently available openings.
Openings from enemy fumbles
- Whipping Winds make it harder for your opponent to hit you or dodge, possibly also tripping your enemy.
- Shaming Shot demonstrates your trick shooting for damage and demoralization.
- Feline Pounce a leaping attack that can bowl over your foes.
- Psychic Heckling is that sort of thing that will really undermine someone's self-worth... and resistance to psychic attacks.
Openings from critical hits
- Dragonslayer spears anything like a dragon... unless it's too much like a dragon. Then it's really just a normal attack.
- Fancy Bladework gives you a short-term but quite powerful buff to your blade skills.
- Hammer It Home stuns your opponent with repeated blows to the head or whatever passes for one. It's not elegant, but it does the job.
- Like Chopping Wood cuts your enemies does to size with down-home wisdom. The bigger they are, after all...
- Pull the Other One stuns your opponent and drags them from their feet... just like in that one movie with the whip. No, not that movie.
- Swing for the Fences is one way to make sure your enemy is going... going... gone. It's probably not what you want to do to a villain who you don't want to get away, but it is quite satisfying.
- Dart Shark turns the fight into an impromptu game you're likely to win some credits from.
- Firebreather follows your attack with a firebreathing round.
- Follow Tracers is a normal ranged attack... except the part where it can't miss.
- For My Next Trick I'm going to describe this opening. It's a basic attack, but also reduces an opponent's dodge and defense, regardless of whether it hits.
- Set to Overload deals electric and fire damage at the expense of your weapon's structural integrity.
- Wicked Curve puts so much English on your attacks they might just hit your enemy more times.
- Always Strikes Twice hits your opponent with a bolt of lightning.
- Deepest Strikes instantly defeats weak foes and weakens others.
- Fan the Flames keeps your opponent on fire until they figure out how to stop, drop, and roll. Knowing Twilight's villains, it might be a while.
- Freeze! Stuns and weakens your opponent with a combination of numbing cold and terrible puns.
- Throw Away Foe sends your opponent clear out of the fight.
Openings from enemy criticals
- Stop, Drop, and... something you're supposed to do when you're on fire. It's right on the tip of your tongue. It'll come to you.
- Static Shock turns the power of electricity against your foes.
- Believe In Yourself, man! It'll fix everything! Or at least how your enemy has become a towering embodiment of all your fears and insecurities.
Openings from other sources
- Break the Iceberg moves Iceberg Nine closer to destruction. It's a cold job, but somebody's got to do it.