Go back to Character Skills
Naturalist heroes have great physical strength, but their greatest skill is their ability to channel the powers of numerous wild animals. Not only can they drink like a fish and snore like a bear, but they will sting like a butterfly and float like a bee. Or, um, the other way around.
|Level Attained||Skill Name||Skill Type||PP Cost||Effect|
|Level 1||Kangaroo Punch||Combat||1||Deals physical damage|
|Level 1||Ant's Strength||Buff||4|| Increased strength|
Increased maximum HP
|Level 2||Charge of the Bovine||Combat||4|| Increased to-hit ability|
Increased weapon damage
|Level 3||Mantis Reflexes||Buff||5|| Increased reflexes|
|Level 4||Echolocation||Passive||0||Increased item drops|
|Level 5||Memory of the Elephant||Buff||6|| Increased intellect|
Increased maximum PP
|Level 6||Armadillo Armor||Buff||8||Increases damage absorption|
|Level 7||Snout of the Swine||Buff||10||Increased chips drop|
|Level 8||Starfish Regeneration||Passive||0||Regenerates HP each turn|
|Level 9||Talons of the Raptor||Buff||12||Increased melee damage|
|Level 10||Trample of the Rhino||Combat||9|| Moderately increased to-hit ability|
Moderately increased weapon damage
|Level 11||Summon Wolf||Buff||9||Summons a sidekick|
|Level 12||Nurture vs. Nature||Noncombat||12||Increased effectiveness from your sidekick|
|Level 13||Spines of the Echidna||Buff||12||Damages foes when they hit you|
|Level 14||Sinus of the Shark||Buff||15||Increases chance of combat adventures|
|Level 15||Summon Water Buffalo||Buff||14||Summons a sidekick|
|Level 16||Maul of the Cave Bear||Combat||13|| Greatly increased to-hit ability|
Greatly increased weapon damage
- Naturalists' starting equipment is Shark's Tooth Necklace, cruelty-free whip and grey wolf pajamas.
- Naturalists are rewarded with an Astral Monkey's Paw Necklace for completing the Don't Cry for Me, Zion-tina quest.
- Naturalists are able to use Predatory Instincts if they have Shark's Tooth Necklace or Astral Monkey's Paw Necklace for a talisman.
- Naturalists have the ability to Tame animals, resulting in 50% more XP, but no item drops.
- Naturalists will occasionaly obtain an athelas leaf after spending a turn.
- The famous boxer Muhammad Ali described his fighting style as "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".