Plural: penguin spies
Everyone knows that you can't have a super secret super agent unless they're wearing a tuxedo. After all, tuxedos are well known for being loose clothing that allows for a range of movement as well as being so innocuous that they'll allow you to fit in no matter where you are.
Well, actually, they don't do either of those things, but they are a classic and can make anyone look good. They're also great for secreting all sorts of gadgets and things to augment your already super super powers. So regardless of whether you're playing baccarat in a swanky casino, or going to a big fight in the Bronx, you'll be ready for anything.
July 2012 Item of the Month
Item cannot be auto-sold
Item cannot be worn in runs with a 'no pulls' restriction
+10% dodging ability
+10% to initiative
-15 seconds to the duration of each turn***
*** Maximum time benefit of -60 seconds, total, including Heroic Efficiency.
- Available for 10 silver stars during July of 2012.
Using a spy hot air balloon
You pull a hidden string in your cummerbund and through the magic of CG, find yourself sitting in a sweet sports car. And if you were wearing your tux when you did that, you're now naked.
- You got an item: spy sports car
- When bought: The shopkeeper looks you up and down. "Your tux, should you choose to accept it."
You quickly hand him ten stars and slip out before the tux explodes.
- The plural refers Tux the Linux mascot. That or the fact that penguins naturally look like they're wearing a tuxedo.
- The description contains references to the movies Rumble in the Bronx and The Tuxedo, both starring Jackie Chan.
- The description also refers to James Bond's favorite casino game, Baccarat.
- The message when purchased refers to the quote "Your mission, should you choose to accept it..." from the mission briefing in most episodes of Mission: Impossible. The tape containing the briefing would self-destruct after being played.
|Item of the Month|
| Preceded by
Multiversal summer catalog
| July 2012
| Succeeded by|
Professor Ouch's satchel of tricks