You are fighting a guardian orb.
This metallic sphere bristles with high tech cameras and weaponry. You cringe as an unnerving number of those weapons orient themselves in your direction. You know it's not very heroic to cringe, but this array of weapons really is cringeworthy.
Your opponent attacks ...
- With a beep and a whirring noise, a dial spins rapidly though a series of options. You watch with anticipation as is slows ... slows ... slows ... and then stops. Flambe, it says. WHOOSH! Jets of flame wash over you. (fire) damage
- The orb emits a piercing whistle. The sound is unbelievably painful, but it quickly fades as the blood oozing from your ears muffles the noise. (sonic) damage
- The orb sputters and sparks for a second, and then all of its lights go dim. You step closer, trying to determine if it's done fighting. It wavers for a moment, and then falls out of the air and lands on your foot. Not only does it really hurt, but the impact jars it back to life again.
He hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! He hits you for X damage.
- With a beep and a whirring noise, a dial spins rapidly though a series of options. You watch with anticipation as is slows ... slows ... slows ... and then stops. "Concentrate and ask again," it says. Huh?
- The orb attempts to blast you with a debilitating siren, but someone left the packing material wedged in the horn. All that comes out is a muffled waaah waaah.
- Deciding a "guardian orb" is as a "round airbag" does, it sits there trying to look padded and spherical. You're not especially convinced, but you play along.
Your foe fumbles! He takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 46 experience.
50% resistant to sonic damage.
100% weak to electric damage.
|This enemy is a robot with an electronic brain.|
- The first miss message contains a reference to the Magic 8-Ball.