Plural: business cards
Business cards are magical little devices that allow you to declare to the rest of the world what you're all about, at least for the hours from 8 to 5, more or less.
Autosell value: 66
This is a new-fangled digital business card. It's got a little electronic selector where you can pick from a range of choices, each onslightly less likely than the next. Pick wisely, because once this card is set it can't be changed -- you'd have to get another one
swimming pool cleaner
unemployed actor (i.e., waiter)
blind taste tester
mathematically inclined janitor
substitute talkshow guest
swiss patent clerk
used pet salesman
whitewater rafting guide
Really Out There
high plains drifter
lord of the flies
navel lint researcher
professional handstand champion
rebel without a cause
the last boyscout
|Daylight Come and Me Wan' Go Home|
After choosing a job:
The card locks in on <profession>, and now the whole world knows what it is you do when you're not saving the world.
- Using the card makes the job descriptions appear in your profile as 'Day job'.
- The button text is from the song Day-O (The Banana Boat Song).
- The "mathematically inclined janitor" job description is a reference to the movie Good Will Hunting.
- Albert Einstein worked as a Swiss patent clerk.
- The "Really Out There" jobs list contains references to the movie High Plains Drifter, the novel Lord of the Flies, the song Pinball Wizard, the movie Rebel Without a Cause, the video game Space Invaders, the movie The Last Boy Scout, and the song Tiny Dancer.
- In the movie Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Princess Leia insults Han Solo by calling him a "nerf herder".