Ultra-rares are exceedingly rare items that have an exceptionally low chance of dropping, much lower than regular items and Semi-rares. The only way to increase the likelihood of ultra-rares is via the use of nonseizium gear; there is no other way to increase the odds. In the words of Ryme: "[aside from nonseizium] ultrarares aren't affected by anything whatsoever". Specifically, Combat chance modifiers have no effect.
Ultra-rares can either be a rare foe with a guaranteed drop, a rare adventure, a rare drop from a foe, or a rare choice option of an adventure. Once all the requirements for an ultra-rare event have been met, the chance of the event occurring is the same for all ultra-rares, except Filthy sock puppet which has a higher chance.
There are 9 known ultra-rares:
- Rare foes:
- Boomstick from big-chinned wiseguy in Guild for Imaginative Metachronism.
- Ebon Eye of the Deep from kraken in Porcelain Bay
- Ultimate Aviator Goggles from rabid airborne rodent in Flying above Twilight.
- shimmering chaos from Azathoth in The Farthest Reaches of Insanity.
- Tsar Tsavorite from Dr. Park in Teeter Street / Yang Boulevard.
- Computer Friend from Clearance Clarence in CTC Trainees.
- Rare adventures:
- Rare drops:
- Rare choice: