Pursuing a Majority Report
Back to Quests
1. After accepting Phillip's job at Sherlock & Poirot, Crime Analysts, the following message appears in your journal:
You're trying to help Phil track down pre-vandals. Right now you're waiting for him to get a good reading so you know where to go.
2. After adventuring with pre-vandalism radio in your inventory (it does not need to be equipped), for roughly two hours, you will get a message:
|Phil's voice hisses over the radio. "I'm getting a reading. Looks like something's coming up X. The closest approximate address I can find is Y."|
The journal message is updated to:
You're trying to help Phil track down pre-vandals. He's found a likely target and has suggested you go look X.
Where X is one of:
|8||around the military base out in the desert|
|12||at the Triassic Park and Bestiary|
|4||at the university rave|
|16||by that castle out in the mountains|
|10||by that robot hive in the industrial district|
|5||by the park where the Guild for Imaginative Metachronism hangs out|
|7||down by the docks|
|9||downtown, but not at street level, it's somewhere up by the rooftops|
|6||in Area 54|
|4||in the City of Lost Robots|
|1||in the neighborly neighborhood in Somerset|
|2||in the slums in Somerset|
|3||in the Somerset sewers|
|1||in your neighborhood in Somerset|
|2||near the Cannonball Tavern in Somerset|
|9||near the Cube Theater|
|5||near the Golden Wooden Nickel Casino|
|7||near the Zion's Tears building|
|11||somewhere near Shiloh Sanatarium|
And Y is one of:
- 10 Downing
- 10 Stigwood Avenue
- 1060 West Addison
- 112 1/2 Beacon Street
- 1313 Webfoot Walk
- 124 Conch Street
- 1492 Columbus
- 1600 Pennsylvania Ave
- 20th and Blake St
- 211 Pine Street
- 221B Baker Street
- 303 Cobblestone Way
- 697 Park Avenue
- 714 Delaware
- 742 Evergreen Terrace
- 945 Grove St
- at Hollywood and Vine
- at Rose Street
- at the intersection of Haight and Ashbury
- down Seven Bridges Road
- just off Broadway
- near State and Main
- near the intersection of Brawl and Wad. Um, I mean Wall and Broad
- on Allison Road
- somewhere on Easy Street
- somewhere on lower Wacker
- the intersection of Hoyne and LeMoyne
3. Adventure at X for 1-5 turns until you get one of these noncombat adventures:
- A Little Privacy, Please
- A Smooth Criminal
- Admiring their Forkitude
- An Advertisement for Destruction
- Capitol G
- Classic Vandalism
- Could Have Been His Name, Too
- Don't Mess with Twilight
- Got a Little Vandalism in You?
- Kali Station
- It Takes a Cool Hand to Boil an Egg
- Not So Supermodel
- Or Maybe It's "The Scream"
- Say What Now?
- So Does Andre the Giant
- What Do Electric Sheep Dream Of?
4. If this is your 1st or 2nd assignment for the day, the journal message is reverted to step 1. If this is your 3rd assignment, the quest is removed from your journal.
- 1 crimebusters IOU for each completed assignment (up to 3 per day)
- This quest is repeatable daily.
- The time it takes to get a radio call is between 2:00 and 2:25 hours.
- The time can be shortened by using throwing star - black hole in combat.
- As the table above suggests, you will not be assigned to a location which is inaccessible for your level. However, the location can be inaccessible due to not finishing a quest.
- After failing to adventure in the location for 1-4 turns you get the message:
|Phil's voice hisses over the radio. "Sorry, <name>, but it looks like we may have missed our chance. My pre-meter's gone blank. I'll radio you as soon as I get another signal."|
This reverts the quest to step 1, and the assignment failed is not counted for the limit of 3 assignments per day.
- The quest is canceled on rollover.
- The quest name refers to the short story The Minority Report by Philip K. Dick.
- Some addresses are the residence of fictional characters:
- 10 Stigwood Avenue was the address of the Huxtable family in the TV show The Cosby Show.
- 112 1/2 Beacon Street was the address of the Cheers bar in the TV show Cheers.
- 124 Conch Street is the address of Spongebob Squarepants.
- 742 Evergreen Terrace is the address of the Simpsons in the TV show The Simpsons.
- 714 Delaware Street was the home address of the Connors in the TV series Roseanne.
- 221B Baker Street was the London residence of the famous literary detective Sherlock Holmes.
- 945 Grove St. was the address of the address of the apartment of Friends.
- 697 Park Avenue was the address of the penthouse of Diff'rent Strokes.
- 1313 Webfoot Walk is the house of Donald Duck.
- 211 Pine Street was the second house of the Cleaver family in Leave It to Beaver.
- 303 Cobblestone Way is the address of the Rubble family in The Flintstones.
- Other addresses refer to real places:
- 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is the address of the White House.
- The intersection of Wall street and Broad street is the location of the New York Stock Exchange.
- The corner of State and Main streets might refer to a location in Manhattan. State and Main may also refer to the movie of that name.
- 10 Downing Street is the official residence and office of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Hollywood and Vine is the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood.
- 20th and Blake St. is the location of the Coors Field.
- 1060 West Addison is the location of Wrigley Field.
- The intersection of Haight and Ashbury is located at the Haight-Ashbury district in San Francisco.
- "lower Wacker" refers to Wacker Drive in Chicago.
- Rose Street is a street in the New Town of Edinburgh.
- the intersection of Hoyne and LeMoyne is a funny sounding intersection in Chicago.
- Some addresses refer to songs:
- Off Broadway is a term used for a defined set of plays, musicals or revues performed in New York City.
- 1492 Columbus refers to Christopher Columbus discovering the Americas in 1492.
- Easy Street is an idiomatic expression describing A carefree lifestyle.