Zion's Tears demiurge
|Zion's Tears demiurge|
You are fighting the Zion's Tears demiurge.
Before you stands the Zion's Tears demiurge, the supreme leader of the entire movement. As much living god as mortal warrior, the demiurge towers over you as you approach the place where she stands, dressed in full battle armor. With a growl she clangs a giant, glowing scepter against her shield and takes a ready stance.
"Look," you say. "I know you're dressed for combat, and your followers haven't been that friendly, but maybe we can talk about this?" Even to your ears it sounds pretty lame, but it's not exactly heroic to act first and talk later. "Being from somewhere else doesn't make you the enemy. Even you can see that--you're working with humans already. We don't need to fight about this, I just want to know what your plans are."
The demiurge flashes her teeth, but it's clearly not a smile. "Unless you're here to serve me, you're wasting my time. Obedient humans will be allowed to live as slaves. Anyone who fails to obey, dies."
Right. That settles that. It seems overly simplistic logic for an "advanced" race, but maybe living gods aren't used to being disagreed with. You hope maybe her combat skills are as rusty as her logic, but you doubt it.
Your opponent attacks ...
- She summons up the fires of creation and sprays it all over you. Who knew that "fire" was a metaphor for "exceptionally caustic acid"? damage+ (acid) damage
- She glares at you, chilling you to the bone. She has a really effective glare. Like, mother-in-law level of effectiveness. damage+ (ice) damage
- She flicks her wrist at you and the ground erupts with boiling rocks and flowing magma. It hurts just as much as you'd expect. damage+ (fire) damage
She hits you for X damage.
Critical hit message:
Your opponent has a critical hit! She hits you for X damage.
- She summons the fires of creation and casts them at you. It burns you horribly, but being that it's the fires of creation, it also instant heals you.
- She glares at you, but your boss has a far worse glare. That reminds me, he's gonna need you to go ahead and come in early on Starsday too.
- She flicks her wrist at you, but she must have used the wrong material component. It's more "blow dryer" than "volcanic eruption".
Your foe fumbles! She takes X damage.
Victory! You beat up your foe and win the combat!
You gain 90 experience.
Immune to ice damage.
- Becomes one-time adventure once defeated.
- Only occurs after A Familiar Figure.
- Defeating her ends the Don't Cry for Me, Zion-tina quest.
- A demiurge is derived from the ancient Greek expression for "public or skilled worker" and refers to a creator-god(dess in this case). It's most likely the Zion's Tears creatures won't be staging a comeback after defeating the Demiurge...for the time being.
- The foe's image is a picture from a statue of Goddess Athena.
- The second miss message refers to the movie Office Space.