|This page contains some non specific data which NEEDS SPADING:
|This page contains some non specific data which NEEDS SPADING:
Recheck all items that don't do damage - they are not supposed to tune to physical anymore
What fools be we, mortals you and me, when caught by jest: tee-hee, tee-hee!
Level cap: 20
Obtained from: Rigoletto's Compleat Jester kit
Ability: Attacks, boosts spell damage, other benefits tuned by combat items
During combat the sidekick will sometimes attack, according to how it was tuned:
- Physical: <name> bops your opponent over the head with a rubber mallet. It seems innocent, but this rubber mallet is coated in lead. Your opponent takes X damage.
- Psychic: <name> makes your opponent laugh until they cry, causing X (psychic) damage.
- Fire: <name> assaults your opponent with a barrage of flaming juggling pins, dealing X (fire) damage.
- Sonic: <name> sings loudly and badly off tune. You're used to it, but your opponent isn't. They take X (sonic) damage.
- Acid: <name> burns your opponent with a caustic wit X (acid) damage.
- Ice: <name> dumps a bucket of icewater down your opponent's back, pranking them for X (ice) damage.
- Electric: <name> utters a shockingly frank statement, as jesters are wont to do. Your opponent is shocked for X (electric) damage.
When you perform a damage spell:
- <name> performs a magic trick, making a five-chip piece disappear and reappear someplace unexpected. The opening act makes your own skill appear all that much more impressive.
When blocking your opponent:
- <name> sings a bawdy song while pantomiming actions so suggestive your opponent can't really concentrate.
When tuned to Healing, sometimes at the end of combat:
- <name> tells you a long and funny story about how he got this one scar. The story changes every time, and every time you laugh. Laughter, being the best medicine, gains you Y HP.
When tuned to PP-Restore, sometimes at the end of combat:
- <name> swigs from a flask and staggers around drunkenly before proffering you the same flask. Hesitantly you take a sip, but it's just cold, refreshing water. You gain Z PP.
When tuned to XP, sometimes at the end of combat:
- <name> gives an impromptu speech on the pompatus of love. Who better than a joker to speak deep truths? It's mostly confusing gibberish, but it's deep gibberish. You gain Q XP.
When tuned to Chips, sometimes at the end of combat:
- <name> does some acrobatics. Even defeated, your opponent is compelled by the motley fool's finery to cough up X more chips.
- <name> does some acrobatics, but your opponent doesn't even tip. Tough crowd.
- As in the rest of Twilight Heroes, "Spell" refers to the damage-dealing powers of the Elemental and Psion classes.
- Using some combat items gives a special message and tunes the sidekick:
When you produce the <item>, <name> grabs it, works it into a juggling routine, cavorting and saying <saying>
- A combat item doing elemental damage tunes the jester to do elemental damage. This tuning remains until a new item is used and changes the tuning.
- Items tuning to Physical damage show the saying: "The most kindest cut of all is a jest that will not scar."
- Items tuning to Psychic damage show the saying: "A wretched soul, bruised with adversity, shall all our foes be soon."
- Items tuning to Fire damage show the saying: "As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of crime with words. Real fire works much better."
- Items tuning to Sonic damage show the saying: "It is a tale told by a jester, full of sound and fury, signifying decibels."
- Items tuning to Acid damage show the saying: "He that is proud eats up himself; that substance right here eats up the foe."
- Items tuning to Ice damage show the saying: "For this comic relif much thanks: 't is bitter cold, and I am jesting at heart."
- Items tuning to Electric damage show the saying: "Come the villains of Twilight in arms, and we shall shock them: nought shall make us rue."
- (currently unknown): "Nothing can come of nothing: combat again, or hold thy element."
- In addition, some items will tune the jester to some bonus effect. This includes Healing, PP-Restore, Chips, Distracting, or XP. A bonus effect remains active for three hours, or until the jester is tuned to another bonus effect.
|badly bent knife||knife||Physical|
|ball o' fire||ball o' fire||Fire|
|bent paperclip||bent paperclip||Psychic, Blocks|
|black card||black card||Psychic|
|bubble wrap||bubble wrap||Sonic|
|cashmere yarn||cashmere yarn||Blocks|
|clamp of stairvoyance||clamp||Physical|
|combat paperclip||paperclip||Physical or Blocks|
|corroded battery grenade||corroded battery grenade||Electric|
|cracked nut shells||cracked nut shells||Physical|
|crystal for scrying out loud||crystal for scrying out loud||Sonic|
|disposable instant camera||camera||Psychic, XP|
|ectoplasmic bowling ball||ectoplasmic bowling ball||Ice|
|ectoplasmic chains||ectoplasmic chains||Ice|
|ectoplasmic glove||ectoplasmic glove||Ice|
|ectoplasmic pumpkin||ectoplasmic pumpkin||Ice|
|EMP device||EMP device||Physical, Blocks|
|endless handkerchief||endless handkerchief||Blocks|
|enerbun globule||enerbun globule||Physical|
|explosive briefing||explosive briefing||Fire|
|extendable hand||extendable hand||Chips|
|fire bladder||fire bladder||Fire|
|flash-restore capsule||flash-restore capsule||Healing|
|foul fowl||foul fowl||Acid|
|freeze frame||freeze frame||Ice, XP|
|frusion speck||frusion speck||PP-Restore|
|goat horns||goat horns||Sonic, Blocks|
|gross bag||gross bag||Acid|
|hands-free pan||hands-free pan||Fire|
|holiday wreath||holiday wreath||Blocks|
|insta-salve, small, insta-salve, large||salve||Healing|
|Justin's magic wand||Justin's magic wand||Psychic or Healing|
|kablammo kabomb||kablammo kabomb||Physical|
|letter of pre-recognition||letter||Fire, XP|
|lip blam||lip blam||Fire|
|magic deck of cards||magic deck of cards||Blocks|
|memory box||box||Psychic, XP|
|Mister Ick-er sticker||Mister Ick-er sticker||Acid|
|pan handle||pan handle||Chips|
|pun gas||pun gas||Physical, Blocks|
|rank bun||rank bun||Physical, Blocks|
|razor dove||razor dove||Physical|
|really big shoe||really big shoe||Physical|
|recognizer bot||recognizer bot||(currently unknown)|
|refound marbles||refound marbles||Physical|
|road flare||road flare||Fire|
|roman candle wand||roman candle wand||Fire|
|shocker pen||pen||Electric, Blocks|
|spark plug||spark plug||Electric|
|sparkle bomb||sparkle bomb||Fire|
|specter snare||snare||Ice, Healing|
|squidopus ink||squidopus ink||Blocks|
|the bomb||the bomb||Physical|
|throwing star - black hole||throwing star - black hole||Psychic|
|throwing star - blue giant||throwing star - blue giant||Ice|
|throwing star - magnetar||throwing star - magnetar||Electric|
|throwing star - pulsar||throwing star - pulsar||Sonic|
|throwing star - red dwarf||throwing star - red dwarf||Fire|
|Ticketmaster's ticket punch||ticket||Physical, XP|
|webbed sand||webbed sand||Blocks|
- Combat items that inflict multiple types of damage will tune the jester to the final type applied.
- Combat items with differing effects only tune based on the message given. A combat paperclip can tune to Physical or Blocking based on the outcome and the EMP device must have a valid target to tune correctly.
- Reusable Items of the Month combat items from the exotic throwing stars gift set and ectoplasmic container may tune the jester's elemental attack, but they do not tune the special bonus.
- Other combat items which are ignored:
- The pompatus of love is a reference to Steve Miller's song "The Joker", which fits the jester.
- The description and combat messages contain references to plays by William Shakespeare.
- The description refers to a quote by Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream. "Lord, what fools these mortals be!"
- The physical damage item message refers to a quote by Marcus Antonius in Julius Caesar. "This was the most unkindest cut of all"
- The psychic damage item message refers to a quote by Adriana in The Comedy of Errors. "A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,/ We bid be quiet when we hear it cry."
- The fire damage item message refers to quote by Julia in The Two Gentlemen of Verona. "Thou wouldst as soon go kindle fire with snow/ As seek to quench the fire of love with words."
- The sonic damage item message refers to quote by Macbeth in Macbeth. "[I]t is a tale/ Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury/ Signifying nothing."
- The acid damage item message refers to quote by Agamemnon in Troilus and Cressida. "He that is proud eats up himself"
- The ice damage message refers to a quote by Francisco in Hamlet. "For this relief much thanks: 'tis bitter cold,/ And I am sick at heart."
- The electric damage message refers to a quote by the character known as The Bastard in The Life and Death of King John. "Now these her princes are come home again,/ Come the three corners of the world in arms,/ And we shall shock them. Nought shall make us rue,/ If England to itself do rest but true."
- The (currently unknown) message refers to a quote by the title character in King Lear. "Nothing will come of nothing. Speak again."
- The end-of combat healing message refers to The Joker's contradictory tales of how he got his scars in the movie The Dark Knight.