- To be able to Recyclonize you need to use a Recyclonizer kit. This adds the Recyclonizer to your Workbench.
- The Recyclonizer starts with a resource level of zero. Recyclonizing an item raises the resource level, up to a maximum of 10,000.
- The number of resource units gained is the autosell value divided by 10, rounded down. hunk of scrap metal is the only known exception, which recycles for 10 units although it does not have an autosell value.
- When in a limited item or no item Retcon run, the Recyclonizer is locked out and can't be used until the run is completed or the restrictions are dropped. The page says:
The Recyclonizer is in an alternate timeline right now. You'll get it back when this run is over, have no fear.
- The Recyclonizer resource level is reset to zero with every new Retcon run.
- Not every item can be Recyclonized. Following is a non-conclusive list of items that cannot be Recyclonized:
- Items that cannot be auto-sold, except hunk of scrap metal.
- Items with an auto-sell value less than 10 or more than 1000.
- Semi-rares and Talismans.
- Every item sold in any store, except the Black Market.
- Some of the items sold in the Black Market: can of Gingerelle, can of Gingerette, carbon-microfiber chassis, power converter.
- Every item that is created by Recyclonizing , Digitizing or feeding the goats.
- Every item that comes out of the Professor Ouch's satchel of tricks, mystical slouch of sorcerous mayhem, Nutcracker's hat or The Grouch's Sack of Loot, including regifted versions.
- Some additional sidekick sources: jade hound, bone flute, spiral horn, summoning cone.
- Ectobits and their derivatives.
- teardrop gem
When the Recyclonizer is empty:
Your Recyclonizer is currently empty. Perhaps you should put some things into it to Recyclonize them. As the sticker says, you take careful note that this will surely and irrevocably destroy anything put into it.
When the Recyclonizer is not empty:
Your Recyclonizer currently contains X units of resources. (Maximum capacity 10,000.)
When the resource level is at least 10:
Would you like to extract an item?
(only items you have enough resources to create are shown)
|recycled oil||10 units|
|brown bandage||20 units|
|sugar substitute||30 units|
|corroded battery||40 units|
|oil can coffee||50 units|
|rusty brick||60 units|
|unstable isotopes||70 units|
|ferric man||90 units|
quantity: # [ Extract Now ]
Recycle the following items:
<List of items and resource units>
all but one
[ Junk it! ]
Adding an item:
You add X <items> to the Recyclonizer, increasing the resource level by X, to Y.
If adding an item will raise the resource level over 10,000:
The Recyclonizer can only hold 10,000 units of material. You're already at X and Y would be too many more.
Trying to add more of an item than you have:
You don't have as many of those items as you'd like to use. You're trying to recycle X, but you only have Y.
Trying to make more of an item than you have resources for:
You get X for Y units. You don't have enough units to make that item.
If you somehow manage to enter an item which cannot be recyclonized:
This item can't be recycled, perhaps because it's important, perhaps because it doesn't have enough material to make it worthwhile, perhaps both.